Tuesday 23 June 2015

FitBit Fitness

Today I made my latest fitness purchase, a FitBit Charge from my local Currys store at the amazing price of only £69.99.


I bought the Slate blue colour in a small wristband size as I only have little wrists and didn't want it to sit really big on a tiny wrist. I downloaded the free app in the App Store on my Apple I Phone and set it all up last night, I decided to charge it overnight even though it said it only needed 1-2 hours. I've been wearing it all day today (I work in an office sitting down all day) and have currently walked 1,323 steps. You can set goals based on how many steps or how far you want to walk and it also tells you the calories you have burned, amount of stairs climbed and the time all at the push of a button. I must admit at the moment I am impressed with it, seems to be a neat little piece of kit. Its not even bothered me too much having to wear it all day, its sort of like wearing a watch to be honest. 

Hopefully spending some money will encourage me to get out more, and the daily goals encourage you to walk more which is good. Last night I ran my first 5k since coming back from holiday and made it round in 29min 50seconds which isn't too bad for me. I've decided to start back at Park Run this Saturday, it is a local 5k run that is timed but its just you against the clock not the other participants. It helps motivate and gives you a week by week time to see how your progressing and if your getting faster etc. 

Does anyone else do there local Park Run?.. If your interested here is the link to there website, its all free you just sign up, then print your barcode, laminate it and take it with you each week. They scan it at the end of each run and then your time is either texted to you or displayed online. 

Anyone else using a Fitbit? Any personal reviews? Let us all know your thoughts =)

StandTogether|FinishTogether
Kylie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment