Thursday 18 June 2015

Turkey Holiday Time.

I havent dropped off the radar I promise, I have however just come back from a lovely holiday in Alanya|Turkey. Its been a wonderful week with lots of things to see and do and the weather has been gorgeous. 
We stayed at the resort Eftalia Village, just outside Konakli and were very pleased with our choice. The hotel had everything to offer, with amazing waterslides. an adult pool if you wanted to break away and a beach accessed via an underpass. The weather has been lovely with highs of 41 degrees which at times was a little bit too warm for me, my skin does not take too kindly to sunburn. The food at times left a little to be desired as the hotel seemed to cater more towards the German's taste but I was made aware of this before going and we took our chances. Cheese toasties all round for breakfast and chips, spaghetti and some form of meat every night was fine by me. A patisserie offering cake 12-5 also helped as well as the snack bar serving burgers and pizza kept me happy :)!. 


I strongly advise booking the Manvagat Market and Side trip, it was an amazing experience wandering the hundreds of stalls grabbing lots of bargains (fakes) but bargains. It turned out to be a bit of a maze and luckily after 30 minutes of trying to locate our meeting point we eventually found it and stayed put. Some people were unfortunate enough not to make it back and we were all asked to sign to say we had waited for them to no avail. 

We then visited a waterfall which you could paddle in part of the current, it was VERY cold and VERY strong current wise but a good experience all round. Dinner was by the river which was really nice and then onto Side for sight seeing around the ruins of Apollos Temple and an arena. I can imagine back in its day it was the highlight of entertainment, the guide told us servants were made to sit on the toilets to keep the seats warm for the rich and wealthy people. 
We spent the next few days lounging by the pools and going on all the slides and met some lovely people who we will keep as friends for life. The pirate boat trip was also a really good experience being able to jump off the side of the boat and swim in the cool sea. 

All in all it was a brilliant holiday with great friends, foam parties, pirate ships, markets and slides. I would recommend the place to anyone looking for an enjoyable holiday.

Now I have to focus on my next running challenge, 10K in July, so its back to running every night after work but im ready for another challenge.

Anyone else got holidays booked soon? Going anywhere nice? Tell me all about it :)!

StandTogether|FinishTogether
Kylie
x


No comments:

Post a Comment