Wednesday 27 May 2015

Matched Series - {Spoilers}


So at last I have finished the Matched Series by Ally Condie, I will admit its one of the best trilogies I have read. I found it gripping from beginning to end and was left wanting more from the characters. 
Ally gives you suspense in each book and leaves you unsure how the trilogy will carry forward. I don't know about anyone else but I find personally I can get rather mardy with books when they dont go the way I thought they would. I'm the same with TV program's, I can quickly fall out of love with them and discontinue reading/watching them. 

I hesitated with Reached upon finding out that Ky had contracted the plague, I had already decided I wanted Ky to be with Cassia and Xander to be with Lei, I love a book that can make you do that. You make your own decisions even though its not your story to tell, decide how things will turn out even though the endings already been written. But I suppose on the downside to this is if it doesn't go the way your expecting, I have recently read a few books where the ending is not as expected for instance Divergent. I wont spoil that one but it did NOT go the way I thought it would. My friend actually told me the ending by mistake not realising I hadn't actually read it yet, safe to say it put me off reading the last book and I still haven't now. 

Back to the Matched series, all 3 books are captivating and engaging, they leave you wanting more and unable to put them down until you've completed the whole book. This to me is the sign of a good book, the inability to draw yourself away. 

My next series to read is going to be Beautiful creatures, I have read the first one with 3 more remaining. Has anyone read these or Matched? What did you think? Any reviews?

Keep me posted.

StandTogther|FinishTogether
Kylie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment