Friday 17 April 2015

Is it just me or?


Over the weekend I watched the new movie release "The Duff".. I really enjoyed it and it resonated with me for many reasons. Let me first begin by giving you the lowdown on this new hit movie thats bringing girls together. 
The Duff - Screening in all cinemas now!

IMDB - "Bianca is a content high school senior whose world is shattered when she learns the student body knows her as 'The DUFF' (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) to her prettier, more popular friends. Now, despite the words of caution from her favorite teacher, she puts aside the potential distraction of her crush, Toby, and enlists Wesley, a slick but charming jock, to help reinvent herself. To save her senior year from turning into a total disaster, Bianca must find the confidence to overthrow the school's ruthless label maker Madison and remind everyone that no matter what people look or act like, we are all someone's DUFF."
 Now girls if we are all being honest, we know that we cannot help ourselves but view each other with either caution or arrogance. Caution because we consider the other girl better than us which causes jealousy and envy or arrogance because we think we are the one that is superior. I don't think this view is ever going to change as its only natural for us to feel this way. I can sit here until im blue in the face and tell you we are all equal (which we are) but your not going to believe me. Since watching the film I can tell you that you will not be able to watch it without sitting and wondering.. "Whose DUFF am I?" With my self included im sure that at some point in every girls life we have evaluated ourselves against another. Not necessarily in relationships or among friends but in everyday aspects. Let me give you an example, your walking around your local shopping center and see a girl walking past you, do you:

A: Not even notice her?
B: Glance across and consider shes pretty but you wouldn't want to be her?
C: Glance across and consider she clearly did not look in the mirror this morning?
D: Wish that you could pull of her look and consider you look awful in comparison?

If i'm honest D is usually my response, I can't help but look around at other people, i'm very observant and constantly wanting to change my image. You may think this makes me paranoid or self conscious and your probably right. Having said this, i'm still that girl,  the girl we all know who wears the same clothes ALL the time. Same boring work clothes, same boring jeans and t-shirt and the same dress on night out. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to shop, my wardrobe is probably full of amazing clothes, but i'm a stickler for habit of picking the same 6 items out every time. I envy girls who lose weight and get to purchase an entire new wardrobe, this must be such a motive/excuse for shopping! But anyway, back to the topic, I'd love to hear from you all, positive or negative we are all equal and all have a different opinion. This here is only my opinion, the way that I see it, i'm not the kind of person who thinks i'm better than anyone else but then again.. would anyone admit to being this person even though we all think these types exist? 

Stand Together|Finish Together
Kylie 
x







No comments:

Post a Comment