Tuesday 28 April 2015

1/2 Marathon grueling!

In 22 weeks time I will take on my biggest challenge for Cancer Research by taking part in the first ever womens only 1/2 Marathon at Waltham Abbey. Having previously only ever taken part in the now small feeling 5K, this really is going to be an immense personal challenge. 
Ive taken part in many races for Cancer Research as well as Pretty Muddy last year. Ive also completed the Marie Curie twilight walk 10K for Marie Curie cancer care. Every year I take on some sort of charity challenge to do my bit to raise money, I hold bake offs, raffles and sponsored days to raise money as well as asking people to donate to the cause. This year however I decided it was time to give people something worth sponsoring me for, so I signed up for the 1/2 Marathon - 13.1 miles of grueling walking, jogging, running. 

If this wasn't enough of a challenge, ive also decided it would be a good idea to add a 5K Race for Life on the 17th May as well as a 10K Race on the 19th July. My fingers and toes are crossed that I can complete them in a decent enough time to give me motivation for the final event in October. 

Last night I motivated myself to go for a long run, only my second since signing up, I completed 11.72km in 1 hour 20 minutes so hopefully when the time comes I can complete the whole cause in 2 hours 30 minutes ISH! I know I have the right motivation to see me over the finish line as there are some who believe I wont finish. They only provide me with more reason to go out there and cross that finish line to prove them wrong! Im aware the next 22 weeks are going to be hard going and that there are people who can run faster and further than me, I have great respect for these people now knowing how much hard work goes into the pre training for these events!

The London Marathon took place this weekend and knowing that someone can complete the entire Marathon in 2 hours 23 minutes is amazing. Puts my half marathon time to shame but we aren't all in the same category of runner, ive never before run this kind of distance and can honestly say I cannot wait to take on the challenge.

So if any of my blog readers are from the London / Waltham Abbey area of England please do come along and show your support for the some 3000 runners raising awareness for Cancer Research UK. Help us Help them :)!..

Stand Together|Finish Together
Kylie 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment